Monday, November 3, 2008

Gotta start somewhere

I suppose I should start off with an introduction, in case someone got lost trying to find TankSpot or something. Name's Ragar, but my friends call me Rags. It's probably obvious from the title, but for those who haven't guessed, I'm a tank. A protection-spec'd warrior to be specific. My job is to make sure that the dragon/giant/"insert large unpleasant thing with sharp teeth here" is beating the tar out of me instead of the squishier people in the group. I've been prot for a long time (the last time I was another spec, I think Ice-Barbed Spears were in style and warriors longed for the day they could get an Unstoppable Force). I've got nothing against my Arms and Fury comrades, but it just doesn't feel right without a shield in my off-hand.

I've been meaning to start one of these blogs for a while now, and with everybody packing up to go say hello to Arthas, it seemed like as good of a time as any to start. Still have to come up with the exact material that I'll be talking about, but that'll come with time. Most likely it'll be a little bit of tanking discussion.

Oh, one last thing before I wrap this up. Although the title of the blog is focused on me, don't be too surprised if folks of the non-tanking persuasion put a post or two up here. Some of the folks I work with occasionally have things to contribute, so I might ask for their assistance every now and then. It usually doesn't hurt to know what the people doing the healing or DPSing are thinking.

No comments: