Sunday, February 8, 2009

Team Update: 2/8

Not a whole lot to update with myself or Solannis. He's still doing the 25-man runs with the guild we're working for (I think the main tank's got a crush for Blessing of Sanctuary or something) and apparently Sol's out of Emblem of Valor pieces to buy for tanking. The boots and bracers are sidegrades to stuff he's found in Naxxramas, so right now it's either sit on them or pick up holy/ret gear. As for me I've done the occasional 10-man run and heroic in addition to cooking and fishing, but I'm kinda in the same boat as Sol, though at the Emblem of Heroism level. I've grabbed everything other than the Valor Medal of the First War, but I'm really not all that impressed by it. If avoidance gearing was the better option right now, then I'd be all for it, but everything me and Solannis have fought seems to fit effective health gearing over avoidance. Since that's the case, I can't really justify dropping my Seal of the Pantheon (lets me socket for Stam) or my Essence of Gossamer for the Medal.

Mordigg's made some strides in getting his tanking gear. He grabbed his Sigil of the Unfaultering Knight the other day and a few random pieces out of heroics. He even managed to tank the Culling of Stratholme under the 25-minute timer first try (won the drake to boot), so I suppose his gear isn't too terrible. There's still plenty of room for improvement though, so hopefully I can get him signed up for one of the 10-man Naxx excursions at some point here.

The main focus of the last few weeks though has been our resident shaman/leatherworker, Daikaja. Lately the group we've been working with has been running into the problem where there weren't enough healers to go around. Daikaja and Solannis were our official healers back in our Outland days, but since Sol's taken up tanking, that leaves it to the shaman. Dai was a resto shaman back in the day, but since he'd be running around on his own to train, we figured that a new spec was in order. He tried elemental, but it just wasn't clicking. Now enhancement on the other hand, that was working just fine. He'd leveled as enhancement back before Outland, so he was already used to that, and the new abilities the trainer showed him seemed to make fighting a bit more fluid. When I last checked, he was 78 and running around in the Storm Peaks doing errands for goblins and Brann Bronzebeard - nice enough dwarf, though I think he's a bit crazy which might explain why I like him.

Once Dai's finished off his training, he, myself, and the rest of the team should be able to cobble together some sort of starter healing equipment for him. Dai's got a couple of leatherworking pieces he can work on, Sol can knock out a few glyphs for him and maybe a couple gems, and I can work on a decent mace to get him started. Admittedly we can't do quite as much for him as we can for a tank since that's our specialty, but it'll be enough to get him into a dungeon and back to practicing his healing techniques. Hopefully he'll be ready soon so I can start posting some of his exploits. Well, that or poke fun at him for being rusty - one of the two.

No comments: