Monday, January 5, 2009

Slight Differences in Tanking: Pre-Pull Procedure

Solannis: Hey Rags, what's your pre-pull checklist look like?

Ragar: Checklist?

Solannis: Yeah, you know, all the stuff you have to do before you can start the fight. Mine's kinda long. First I make sure everyone's got their blessings, then I check to see if Righteous Fury is up. If those are all up, then I see if I need to drink and top off my mana before the fight starts. Once all that's taken care of, then I put up a seal and find a spot to tank. I throw an Avenger's Shield at one of them, then drop a Consecration and wait for them to show up, assuming I don't have to line-of-sight pull them. How about you?

Ragar: Shoot.

Solannis: That's it? That's your entire procedure?

Ragar: Sometimes I mix it up and use Heroic Throw. Usually though I'm lazy/impatient and Charge in to get things started faster. Oh, and sometimes I use a shout, but there's usually another warrior or two in my groups, so I don't always have to do that.

Solannis: I hate you so very much.

Ragar: Duly noted.

No comments: