Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Pretty sure the dragon was supposed to come after the heroics, not before

I finally managed to line Medeleth up with some Emblem of Heroism level work. The catch? It was Malygos, the guy you're supposed to work your way up to through heroic 5-man dungeons and 10-man Obsidian Sanctum and Naxxramas. Med, however, hasn't seen a heroic since Outland. All of the gear he's got is either stuff the team crafted, stuff we bought off the AH or with spare tokens, and a couple of quest drops. His rotation was based off of notes we pulled from a research site and mostly untested (hard to get into a rotation while doing dailies when everything dies in 3-5 hits). I'll admit it - I thought it was going to be a pretty ugly showing on Med's part, but my guildies wanted a ranged DPS and it was either him or I play hunter with my tanking gun.

I suppose I should've given the lock a bit more credit than I did. For someone with no heroic experience, third place isn't too shabby. Admittedly though, that number is inflated a bit by the fact that warlocks can cheat a bit at the fight by teleporting out of the vortexes, but considering that Med didn't have enough health to consistently survive those, I'll let that one slide. Shame there wasn't another warlock in that run though. It would've been helpful to have someone with an Affliction spec to compare Destruction against.

No lock loot from the run, though a resto shaman friend of ours finally got her healing mace, so that's a plus. Med did get his two achievements though and his first two Emblems of Heroism after being 80 for about a month. At this rate he should get his first piece of Emblem gear sometime this fall.

No comments: